Connect with us

News

Wedding couples can keep smiling in Killarney National Park

Published

on

0215665_shutterstock239339239.JPG

Deputy Michael Healy Rae has welcomed official news from the Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage that wedding couples can have their photographs professionally taken in Killarney National Park despite claims to the contrary.

In a written reply to a recent Dáil question by the Kilgarvan TD, Deputy Michael Healy Rae was assured that there was “absolutely no substance to the recent claims that married couples are not permitted to take their photos”.

“I am pleased to inform the Deputy that there is absolutely no substance to the recent claims that married couples are not permitted to take their photos in Killarney National Park. There has been no change of policy introduced in respect of the treatment of commercial photography in the National Park. Photography by the general public and amateur wildlife photography is permitted within the Park. All commercial events, including professional photography, wedding, promotional, fashion etc., is subject to a permit system. This has been the case for quite some time," Minister Darragh O’Brien said.

“A permit has long been required for both insurance and indemnification purposes. It is incumbent upon the professional photographer to apply for a current permit - which is readily and quickly available. It is a very simple process for the professional photographer to complete and permits apply for the year. The staff of my Department will always accommodate photographers and work with them to ensure safety for all at the National Park.”

Deputy Michael Healy Rae has welcomed confirmation of the policy and is delighted that the long standing tradition of couples taking wedding pictures in Killarney National Park will continue onto another generation of people.

“This is great news as I have received a lot of calls from worried couples, but my advice to them now is to keep smiling for the camera on their most important of days,” Deputy Michael Healy Rae said.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

News

No spare change – no problem, as charity embraces new technology

By Sean Moriarty With less and less people carrying lose change around, one local group have now embraced a new technology to make donating much easier. For their annual Christmas fundraiser, the Killarney Conference of the St Vincent De Paul Society will have a special collection bucket that will allow supporters to use their bank […]

Published

on

0215616_Unknown-2.jpeg

By Sean Moriarty

With less and less people carrying lose change around, one local group have now embraced a new technology to make donating much easier.

For their annual Christmas fundraiser, the Killarney Conference of the St Vincent De Paul Society will have a special collection bucket that will allow supporters to use their bank card to make a donation.

The Society’s annual churchgate collection will be held on the weekend of December 11/12 at places of worship in the town and surrounding areas. This year’s collection has be renamed as ‘Giving Sunday’ and makes a return after the pandemic forced the cancellation of last year’s fundraiser.

“We are moving towards a cashless society,” explained Killarney Conference President Breda O’Dwyer. “You can tap and swipe your card to make a donation.”

Breda added that they are hoping to have the buckets ready by next week in time for the collection.

She said the local conference of the St Vincent De Paul Society has seen a marked increase in the number of families it is helping mainly caused by the increase in the cost of fuel and home heating products.

The annual St Vincent De Paul Society’s Christmas Jumper Day, in association with Radio Kerry is scheduled for December 10.

Attachments

Continue Reading

News

SURVEY: Locals are reducing their social contacts

It is just over a week since new restrictions were announced by the Government in an another effort to curb the spread of COVID-19. In our latest online poll we asked our readers if they had reduced their social contacts over the course of the last week. An overwhelming 62.90% said they had reduced their […]

Published

on

0215777_Poll.png

It is just over a week since new restrictions were announced by the Government in an another effort to curb the spread of COVID-19.

In our latest online poll we asked our readers if they had reduced their social contacts over the course of the last week.

An overwhelming 62.90% said they had reduced their level of contacts with people.

Interestingly, 37.10% of people had made no change to their lifestyle, but they could have been extra cautious already.

A tiny minority – just 1.61% – said they increased their social contacts over the last week.

Attachments

Continue Reading

LOCAL ADS

Last News

Advertisement

Sport

Trending