News
Risk assessment at UHK following major HSE cyber attack
By Michelle Crean
University Hospital Kerry is today (Friday) conducting a risk assessment following a "significant ransomware attack" on the HSE’s IT systems nationally.
The Health Service Executive (HSE) temporarily shut down its IT systems overnight after a massive cyber beach and are currently accessing the situation.
It’s not yet clear whether private details from patient’s records have been stolen.
Today the South/South West Hospital Group and University Hospital Kerry (UHK) said that they “are conducting a risk assessment of the situation”.
“At this time it is not anticipated that out patient appointments or elective treatments will be impacted,” a statement said.
“Management at UHK wishes to remind the public that people should only attend the ED in emergency situations and that delays are likely as a result of the current IT situation. The hospital will advise if there is any change to the current status.”
HSE Chief Executive Paul Reid has apologised to patients and confirmed that COVID-19 vaccinations are going ahead as normal.
News
Photography competition success for Killarney Women’s Shed
Killarney Women’s Shed held the prize giving for its first photography competition and opened a two-week exhibition at Killarney House last week. The display features photographs taken by members of […]
News
Rathmore students finish runners-up in national SciFest finals
Scoil Phobail Sliabh Luachra in Rathmore is celebrating a major success after students Eoin Cashman and Alex Thompson were named overall runners-up at the National SciFest finals held in Marino […]


