Connect with us

News

Kerry hoteliers Francis and John Brennan’s new RTE TV series open for applications

Published

on

K

Kerry hoteliers Francis and John Brennan's new RTE TV series open for applications

As the Irish hospitality industry gets ready to reopen on July 20, renowned are looking for the owners of large three or four star hotels or tourist attractions to take part in a new series of At Your Service which is currently in development for RTÉ.

“We’re all facing huge challenges as we plan to welcome guests back into our hotels next month. John and I would really like to help other hoteliers navigate this process and help them future proof their business,” said Francis.

“The hospitality industry continues to suffer more than most due to this lockdown. We understand the pressure this has placed on so many businesses. But we believe this challenge can be a real opportunity as more and more people are planning to holiday at home in Ireland this year. So, we’d like to join four owners of hotels or indeed tourist attractions on their journey into the ‘new normal’ over the coming months and hopefully help them reinvigorate their service,” added John.

This new four part series is currently being developed by leading independent production company Waddell Media for RTÉ in 2021, but needs business owners to get in touch now to express their interest in taking part, so filming can be planned in the coming months.

Owners of a large three or four star family hotels or tourist attraction in Ireland should contact Waddell Media’s Maggi Gibson or Gareth McGreevy via maggi@waddellmedia.com or gareth@waddellmedia.com.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

News

Relief as indoor dining finally resumes

By Michelle Crean After almost 500 days of closures the sense of relief was evident this week as restaurants, cafés and bars were finally allowed to welcome customers back in. Some had reopened for outdoor dining previously to help keep their businesses afloat but it was back to normal on Monday. According to the new […]

Published

on

0206059_IMG9176.jpg

By Michelle Crean

After almost 500 days of closures the sense of relief was evident this week as restaurants, cafés and bars were finally allowed to welcome customers back in.

Some had reopened for outdoor dining previously to help keep their businesses afloat but it was back to normal on Monday.

According to the new rules as set out by Fáilte Ireland and the Government, in order for customers to access indoor service, they must show proof that they are fully vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19 in the past six months. Those who are not yet vaccinated can only be served outside.

A maximum of six people aged 13 and over are allowed per table and it’s advised that face coverings be worn when not at the table, there is no time limit, customers can only eat or drink at a table and not at the bar or counter, and one person must give their details for contract tracing purposes. Live music and dancing is not allowed.

The Killarney Advertiser spoke to a number of businesses this week and overall the feeling was relief that they can finally get back to normal service but the issue of staffing still remains.

Brian Murphy from Courtney’s Bar said he was feeling nervous.

“I’m feeling nervous as we don’t have enough staff,” he said. “It’s a Monday so hopefully we can cope. Things will settle down and we’ll find a level we are all happy with.”

At the Porterhouse Restaurant Lee O’Callaghan said “It’s great to be back open and have people coming into the restaurant”.

“Hopefully we have a long season after being closed for so long.”

Staff at Reidy’s, Ellen Shannon, Rory Carroll and Jack Sweeney, added that they’re delighted to return to indoor dining.

“Hopefully we get back to normal soon and to brighter days ahead.”

At Jimmy Brien’s Bar in Fair Hill, customers echoed the same sentiments about being finally open.

“We are delighted to be back,” Danjoe Aherne said.

“We appreciate everything Alan Breen has done for us. We’re glad to be back home again!” Charlie Buckingham said.

Continue Reading

News

Time to get your skates on!

By Sean Moriarty People of Killarney are being urged to have their say on a new skateboard park before next week’s deadline. A public consultation on the project has been launched by Kerry County Council. Cllr Donal Grady, who first put forward the idea of a Killarney skateboard park in 2018, is urging the people […]

Published

on

0206141_30_SkateboardersO.JPG

By Sean Moriarty

People of Killarney are being urged to have their say on a new skateboard park before next week’s deadline.

A public consultation on the project has been launched by Kerry County Council.

Cllr Donal Grady, who first put forward the idea of a Killarney skateboard park in 2018, is urging the people of the town to have their say.

It is proposed to build the park on land adjacent to the Killarney Sports and Leisure Centre with help and support from the KDYS.

“In 2017 a group of skateboard enthusiasts approached me, they had no designated safe area to enjoy their sport. Sport is vital for youths, stakeboarding increases metabolism, improves balance and enhances coordination use,” Cllr Grady told the Killarney Advertiser.

“Skateboarding is now an Olympic sport. I commend Kerry County Council, management, engineers and the planning team for getting the project to this stage, it’s now up to the people of Killarney to have their say. It’s vital positive submissions are lodged by Wednesday, August 25,”

Submissions can be lodged to the Playground Unit, Finance Dept, Kerry County Council.

Continue Reading

LOCAL ADS

Last News

Advertisement

Sport

Trending